Tuesday, January 6, 2009

It has come to this...

All week long I've been getting more and more excited. You see, my BFF is coming into town with her mom and we have big plans with our coupons in hand to shop away Saturday. I haven't had a shopping day in awhile and could really use some new threads for my upcoming (Feb 4- Feb 10) ski trip to Tahoe. In my mind, I have all these cute sweaters picked out with scarves to match, I can't wait and then it hits me....I don't feel "cute" in anything right now! It's no ones fault but my own. I could spend the next five minutes telling you how two years ago "I was so in shape, ate all the right food and had so much energy" but it always drives me crazy when people say that, has they are eating McDonalds and wondering what happened. But as I sit here drinking my last Diet Coke (beacuse it is a major addiction), I have to tell you I'm REALLY ready. I'm committed to drinking more water, eating at least five fruits and vegetables a day and moving more (at least 30 minutes of anything cardio a day). I saw Faith Hill on Oprah right before Halloween and she was promoting her current (at the time) issue of Shape magazine, in which see looked great at 40. She looked so healthy and I know she has a trainer and chef but the point was that she looked so healthy, not skinny (well a little) and I want that. I'm far from being Faith Hill and 40 (10 years) but I've been thinking about what she said today and it has motivated me and I can use all the motivation I can get right now. So please pray for me as I start this journey back to good health. Oh by the way, Faith Hill also said she cut out Soda and Sweet tea, I've got news for you sweetheart, I'll give you my Diet Coke but you can't have my Sweet tea. But I did stop and buy Lipton Green tea tonight and I'm going to give this stuff a try, I'll let you know.

"There's no easy way out. if there were, I would have bought it.
And believe me, it would be one of my favorite things!" - Oprah Winfrey (On losing weight)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to send you some "Blog Love"! Your posts are great and coming along quite nicely. Can't wait to see you this weekend!!

    XOXO,
    BFF

    PS Although I am not so happy with Ms. Oprah I love the quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i too have a diet pop and sweet eta addiction.
    and have been trying to go without..but tonite i was weak...had to get a pop!! good luck!!
    and you have to love Oprah!!!

    ReplyDelete