Friday, January 9, 2009

Are you kidding me....


Last night I stayed up way too late watching the BCS title game, but it was well worth the lost sleep. Actually, I had a hard time falling asleep after we turned the T.V. off, related to the joy that I felt for Tim Tebow. First and foremost, I'm a rebel (as you know) but cheer for the SEC, especially when the championship is up for grabs. But last night I enjoyed watching two great football teams battle it out. And, as if, Florida didn't already know, the broadcasters brought up the only Florida loss to Ole Miss, not once, not twice but five times though out the game (yes, I counted), I was diggin the "shout outs". Tebow even mentioned the loss in his offensive player of the game speech. So Congrads to Tim Tebow and the Florida Gators.
But what I was most impressed with and have been for the last two years, is Tim Tebow's devout christian walk. When he painted Phillippians 4:13 under his eyes at the SEC championship game, I thought it was so remarkable and it just happens to be my favorite Bible verse. And last night I thought John 3:16 written under his eyes in black was even better. And as I went to bed I thought what a great way to extend his message of faith. After reading many articles online this morning, they were calling it an "unholy controversy". Tim Tebow is one of the most professional athletes of this time, his ability to play football, display such enthusiasm for life and give to others,in God's name, is so inspiring. And I can only hope that Tim is getting the reaction that he wanted, John 3:16 was the most searched phase on google today.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Tebow,
    My name is Sophie. I am five. My Mom says that we will be married one day. I just wanted to introduce myself first.
    Go Gators!
    Love,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete