Friday, May 1, 2009

Yo VIP let's kick it.

I have hit by all time weight high, truth be known I've been here for more than a few months. And I'm finally taking the plunge and joining weight watches, I have my first meeting at 9 am. I've very excited and very ready! So now I'm joining the ranks, I just need to figure out how to put one of those trackers on my side bar, like GRITS. I went to the library and got a few healthy cookbooks to get some ideas from and my fridge is full of water and fresh fruit/vegs.
So in celebration I went to dinner with my mom to Bonefish, my favorite place to eat. We were sitting in the bar area, at a large table in which multiple parties can sit at, well getting to the point. I realized it was Vanilla Ice sitting at the end. I'm trying to tell my mom and I swear she was so loud saying you mean Ice..Ice...Baby? Oh lord. He just looked down the table and smiled. As a kid, I can remember my brother and I having dance offs outside on the trampoline to Ice Ice Baby, he always won, he's always been a better dancer. Good times!
Then I went on a mission for a bathing suit, I guess Spanx isn't making bathing suits anymore so that was out. I opted for this super cute green one at Old Navy that I couldn't find online to share with you...sorry!

I did get the light fixture up and it's growing on me, tonight Mr. Tea comes home from a work trip in Key West (Yeah, I was thinking the same thing) and I'm scared to see what he thinks. I did put it on a timmer that has a remote, so I'm hoping that he is captivated by the gadget. My camera's battery is dead but I promise pictures tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend it's Sunfest here in South Florida and the weather is suppose to be great. This is always such a toss up of what to do, you have Sun Fest here, Jazz fest going on in New Orleans, Memphis in May and the derby. Next year hubby says that we are going to Jazz Fest...I say the derby.

"All right stop collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it"
~Vanilla Ice

6 comments:

  1. haha, I love that you saw Vanilla Ice! It cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog and I love it!!
    new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the interview with him? I think it was VH1 or MTV or something, where he's explaining the difference between Ice Ice Baby and Under Pressure. Hilarious!

    See there's goes ding ding da da ding ding, ours goes ding ding da da ding ding ding, it's not the same. -Vanilla Ice

    ReplyDelete
  4. their's* <-- sorry. had to do the correction. i'm such a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vanilla Ice? What a blast from the past! I'm going to do Weight Watchers too! Keep me posted on what you think about it.

    Oh and glad we share similar taste in wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the sweet comment! before i lived there i stayed in a few hotels while visiting... really any of the downtown hotels are nice. the Harbor View Inn is amazing and right on the water and right in the middle of downtown! plus, you get complimentary breakfast in bed every morning!
    http://www.harbourviewcharleston.com/

    ReplyDelete